Friday, November 16, 2012

Next Workout

Not sure if I"ll have time to hit the gym tonight or tomorrow morning. Planned, however, is:

  • Weighted Pull-Ups
  • Weighted Dips
  • Barbell Hip-Thrust
  • High-Rep Squats
  • Ab-Wheel Rollout
Friday is traditionally my light-weight lower body day. In my first cycle I used dumbbell cossack squats. I love the cossack squat, it's one of my favorite lunge/squat variations. Not only does it look cool but it gives a wonderful hamstring and hip stretch. Lately, however, my hip flexors have been giving me a bit of pain. I've been more mindful to stretch them every day and have been paying strict attention to my squat form. There's a point in a weighted cossack squat where I do feel my adductors/flexors fire hard, so I took them out to give things a rest.

Barbell hip-thrusts are a wonderful glute-dominant movement so they seem like a good idea to throw in. High-rep normal squats as well. Something I can hold my form easily in while getting the blood moving through my lower body. I'm thinking sets of 10-20, somewhere in the 135-225 pound range.

No comments:

Post a Comment