Thursday, August 7, 2014

Training Log 8-6-2014 - Bench Press + Chins

Workout felt much better yesterday. Finally getting a good night's sleep. Upped the weights 20lbs, so I'm dropping back to 5 x 5 and 3 x 3. Looks like it takes me about a month to up my reps/weight, which feels like a nice progression. I'll be curious to see how the bench press slingshot I bought plays into this. Thursdays will be over-load day. I hit a 315# bench using the slingshot last week, so I'll keep up that intensity this month. Plus it really seems to be helping my bench form.

I made a chart so I can look at what's been happening. I've been steadily increasing the volume + reps while maintaining intensity (max weight). It'll be cool to see this chart after 3-4 months of steady progress
I'm digging the weighted chin-ups as well. around 15# they're starting to get to a struggle after the 10th set or so. It'll be great when I'm doing 10 sets of 5 at 25-50#s.

My right arm in the bicep/shoulder area felt really tight/sore, so I spent some extra time stretching and messing with band-dislocations to loosen it up. Didn't affect my bench press so much as chin-ups, and I definitely felt it later that day teaching Aerial. Seems better today, just a bit sore; I'll have to keep an eye on it. It's possible it's all a bit sore from the 66rep set of curls, or maybe I've been juggling an excessive amount.

Exercise Weight Reps Sets
Bench Press, with Fat Gripz 45 10 1
135 8 1
175 5 1
205 5 1
245 3 3
205 5 4
Chin-up BW 5 2
Weighted Chin-up 15 4 10
Backbends BW 64

No comments:

Post a Comment