Friday, February 14, 2014

Reading this week


  1. Is your Vitamin-D supp helping or hurting you?
  2. Joint Laxity in the Female Athlete
    1. Interesting points, something for me to keep in mind as I teach in Aerial. Most of our students (easily 80%) are women. 
  3. BUUUUUTT Wink
    1. Helped me to re-evaluate my squat form. Every once in a while I'll get lazy and start lower back rounding. Most of the time it's no big deal for me, but with the amount of volume/back work I have in my new routine, I really need to dial in form.
    2. New cues I've listed for myself:
      • Index on rings
      • Bar lower than needed on back
      • Push up and pull back tight (draw elbows back)
      • Tighten bar into place
      • Walk out
      • Step little wider than hip width
      • Screw feet outwards into ground
      • Tighten pelvic floor
      • Break at knees first
      • Squat down, tight core
      • Push feet down and out to open hips (notice that I'm not cuing knees out; I find that takes care of itself if I drive my feet out)
      • Squeeze butt to drive up\

No comments:

Post a Comment